Tuesday 19 January 2010

More Adventures with the girls

I was supposed to blog about the rest of this trip earlier but ran out of time and got distracted but I'm back with a vengeance.
This might be a longish one

No on the first night of the pub crawl as I mentioned GI began talking to an Australian and a very nice Australian he was. As nothing was happening Jodie did her usual 'good friend' thing and dragged this poor guy to the other side of the bar. Now any guy will back me up when I say this next bit. Jodie grabbed this gentleman by the hand and led him to a quiet area in the bar, the first thing she said was 'who do you fancy here tonight?' Now any normal fellow with any sense of a straight bone in his body would have gone 'you baby now lets break this joint and go fuck like rabbits at a swingers party in Spring'. This guy did have a straight bone in his body but decided to go for the more appropriate version of this sentence by simply saying 'well you of course'.
Now what Jodie was trying to do - bless her cotton socks - was to hook GI up with this dashing Aussie fellow, but as always she manages to confuse the poor sod in a way that only drunken Jodie can. After re-explaining what she meant by this particular conversation to him she then dragged him to the dancefloor and taking GI by the hand on the way. She then stood right next to both of them and watched making both parties feel very awkward about what they were supposed to do. I dragged Jodie away and allowed the couple to do whatever it was either of them wanted to do.

The following night day we went on a castle tour, not my original plan but being dragged into work allowed the girls to the see the other side of the river which I think they enjoyed to a certain extent (personally it was one of my worst castle tours and really couldn't be arsed so we all decided to have a quiet night in as the previous one didn't finish until 4.30.
This was explained to a tour guiding friend who had been ill as of late and was missing intellectual stimulation so I offered to provide some for her and invited her round for some Za. The pizza mission itself was hellish. Czech douchebags with their not listening and overcharging, but thats water under the bridge.
After sitting down and watching some Gavin and Stacey with the group of now three girls, GI had managed to get hold of the Aussie gentleman's number from the night before and had been texting him all day. She wanted to head out for a quick dirnk with him as he was leaving early the next morning, so we decided to head to a place called U Plavni. It was there because GI can't understand simple instructions and when I said to her send him to Svataplukova she decided Karlovo Namesti would suffice. We went and found them and I informed them that this particular pub sucked and one of the coolest pubs in Prague is literally around the corner.
After several more beers we proceeded to Red Room to play Foosball and to drink out of glasses bigger than both the girls I was with. HooeGaarden. Love it.
In this heavily expatted pub I met an interesting, if at all, slightly twattish bloke, who claimed to be a 'Director' and upon asking what kind of stuff he does he stated that his work was heavily influenced by the likes of Mark Twain, some other pretentious cunt, and Jesus Christ. As you can imagine I then turned around and had a really interesting conversation with a brick wall.
The Aussies asked what other places would be open now (at approximately 1 in the morning), I said the best place is probably Cross Club. I then told them how to get there as I imagined this is probably the end of the night for myself and the girls. I was wrong.
I ended up taking them to the tram stop as they would have struggled to find it and then thought I'll take them to the Cross club then come home. The problem being is that the tram stop I thought we would end up at didn't exist. We therefore had to disembark from our tram journey and wander half an hour through the street of unknown areas of Prague and search for this club. Despite their previous concerns the tour guide found his way around the city and there were high praises from the roof tops.
By now it was about half two and we stayed in the Cross Club for a good hour or so and this short night for one drink with GI's fancy man had turned into an all night binge. There was a guy sitting at the next table that seemed to have gone through the same thing as us only his had taken a turn for the worse. He had been given some sort of drug and was passed out... but dancing at the same time. Everyone simply ignored him and got on with their night, dude could have actually been having a seizure but thats why I love the Czech Republic - if it aint your business don't make it your business.
We got home at about half four and watched some more Gavin and Stacey before we all passed out about half way through.

I was going to write more but I'll let you chew on that for a bit and get back tya, plus it turns out I'm leading the Pub Crawl tonight, blogs about this in the near future I believe.

Ciao for now

No comments:

Post a Comment