Thursday 25 February 2010

The most important letters

One of the most important letters in the English dictionary for me is the letter 'R'. The second most important letter, is 'R'.

Although I'm sure you understand and appreciate the expression Rest and Recouperation allow me to fully explain how important this act is.

As those of you who read this most likely all know me rather well, you'll understand I'm never a person to be in a rush. I don't feel the need to panic over things and it's not like I'm going to be trying to fit too much into my day. However from time to time things, simply get too much.
Many people I know are a lot busier than myself, they thrive on being busy and in many ways this is why I think my friendship with these people works so well because I am quite the opposite.
So when a full day has arrived these people will have planned it out step by step and know where they have to be and what they have to be doing at certain times. If these people book too much to fill in for that day, or if someone asks a favour (quite often usually me) this may completely throw off the balance they've had planned for the day by trying to fit this extra thing in.
I find these people are the ones who need some R+R more than anybody else but they are the ones who just can't seem to do it.

Myself, I hardly ever need R+R because I never fill up my day with things to do, some may call it lazy, I... tend to agree but sometimes I do have times where I do certain things out of character.
I can occasionally be impulsive and this, well this is a good thing I feel but can sometimes lead to bad things happening. Over Christmas I went home and it was fantastic, when I got back I got straight into work for a week, I then went to Madrid, and the moment I came home from Madrid began working while deciding to go to Germany the following month. I worked everyday between Madrid and Germany and while both these trips were very enjoyable, travelling is not always the most relaxing thing to do as you want to see things, do stuff and live to the fullest while you've got that time away. Upon my return from Germany I began working again.
Granted my work load rarely consists of over about 4 hours however without a real day off, this lifestyle can get quite draining, add to the fact that as part of this job there is almost an expectation to show your face at the evening's social events (that's my excuse anyway), the candle can turn into nothing rather quickly if it's burnt at both ends.

R+R the two most important letters, not only does it give you time to chill out but it gives you time to evaluate your relationships with others, your lifestyle choices and more ultimately what you can do to improve yourself around others.

Ciao for Now

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry, I think you have four days off next week. In a row.

    ReplyDelete