Monday 1 March 2010

...where the heart is.

Four days off nothing to do. Ring up my moms tell her what's going on, she says come home, I figure - woop woop!

So with my parents having a tough time of their own and needing a child home they were willing to pay for the last minute flights which worked well for me as I had no money. I was also desperate to go home as I'd basically worked everyday I had free since Christmas, I was tired and the new team leader knew this so she wonderfully gave me a few days off.
The flights were booked at about 7 o clock on Sunday so I had to then run around like a headless chicken trying to sort my life out; pack, sort out my phone with a british sim, print out my boarding pass, confirm my passport details, tidy my apartment but before all this I had to go let Katka cook me some food and go for a pint to watch the Canadians beat the Americans for the gold in Winter Olympics. (Boo ya!).
After watching the first period I decided I did actually have to go sort some stuff out, (turns out I'd miss all the good parts of an awesome game but hey ho) and boy did I need to sort stuff out. I realised that I had to pay rent the next day so text my landlord and let him know I'd pay it as soon as I got back - he wasn't happy so I had to go withdraw money I don't have to go pay him. Ever had a 9000 crown kick in the crotch? It hurts.
It was now close to half eleven and I still hadn't packed.
I threw some pants in an overnight bag and thought feck it.
The internet I was stealing off someone got turned off, I thought about complaining to my next door neighbor but just decided to wake up up early to head to an internet cafe to sort out all my flight information.
Another night off crappy sleep.

Alarm goes off 7.45 - wake up at 8.15.
Sort out my shit get running to bohemia bagel to pick up Ruth's friends cos they're going to the airport as well. After some breakfast and the trip to Letiste Ryzne, the plane began boarding.
Is there a better feeling than coming home? I love being in Prague, I loved being in University but when you are on the last leg of your journey coming home there is something amazing about that feeling. Just to know that you can relax, you don't have to work. I may travel often and live in a different country that I love but my holiday is coming home, and especially when someone is waiting for you when you walk out of that gate at the airport. It just makes you feel special.

1 comment:

  1. Suck up. :-P

    Hope you're having a lovely time at home!

    ReplyDelete