Saturday 20 March 2010

Typical Conversations with tourists; make it your checklist!

Tourist: What did you study?
Me: Creative Writing with Drama
Tourist: Drama? (chuckles) I thought so
Me: (fake chuckle) Yeah

Tourist: Where are you from?
Me: Wales.
Tourist: Oh...
Me: It's in Britain
Tourist: Ooooohhhhhh right I know

Me: So where are you from?
Tourist: The US
Me: (wow that American accent really threw me off, how f*&@ing stupid do you think I am asshole? the US is a big f*&@ing place, you wanna be a little more specific?) Oh cool which part?

Tourist: So what do you do here?
Me: (are you serious?) I'm a tour guide
Tourist: You don't study or anything?
Me: Nope just a tour guide
Tourist: (interesting career choice)

Me: How long have you been traveling for?
Tourist: 3 months now
Me: Cool where else have you been?
Tourist: Well I've been to London, Paris, Amsterdam...
Me: Oh cool
Tourist: Munich, Berlin
Me: Nice
Tourist: But next we're going to...
Me: (I wonder what bagel I'll have today)
Tourist: ...Krakow...
Me: (I haven't had the Caprese one in a while) Oh cool
Tourist: ...Bratislava...
Me: (Wow that girl across the street is pretty) Nice I wanna go there
Tourist: ...Budapest...
Me: (Should I go out tonight?) Oh I hear that's split into two like, Buda and Pest
Tourist: Yeah that's what I heard, I can't wait to go there
Me: (la di da di dooby doo)

... more to come
Ciao for now

1 comment:

  1. Tourist: So where are you from?
    Me: England.
    Tourist: Well yes I know that, but where in England?
    Me: It's a small town called Warwick, right in the middle of England...
    Tourist:(blank face)
    Me: Have you heard of Birmingham?
    Tourist: (blank face) No.
    Me: It's near to where Shakespeare is from, Stratford-Upon-Avon.
    Tourist:(blank face) Oh, So where is that?
    Me:(I should have just said London).

    ReplyDelete