Thursday 8 April 2010

Has someone been drinking?

Yes, yes I have. Godamnit yesterday hurt. It may have been the most drunk I have ever been since I got to Prague.
So my first day off in possibly a month started at about 11.41 when I got message from my dear friend Ruth who text me;
'Want to see if the pedalos are open today, could be fun?'
I got up and wiped the sleep out of my eyes, and struggled to reply;
'Yes'

I left it until my alarm went off at 12.00 then proceeded to the fridge where I opened up the milk that technically went out of date the day before but it still smells ok now, so I opened and chugged, eugh, I really should have thrown it out yesterday. So I put the top back on and put it back in the fridge, hoping it won't get much worse tomorrow.
I then did the usual showering, finding the cleanest clothes etc and made my way to the waterfront, of course stopping by the potraviny on the way. Ruth and I bought some homeless wine, some bread and cheese, and jumped on the pedlo because quite frankly there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about on boats.
We spent about an hour messing about talking about love, life and chastity.
After stepping off, onto solid land, it was only then we realised how drunk the homeless wine had made us while we were rocking along the river that we felt it was important we get an ice-cream and finish off the second bottle of homeless wine. To do this however we needed to call in some reinforcements. We met our third tricycle wheel at her house and Katka grabbed a beer as well so we could head down to the waterfront and all drink and continue the chat that Ruth and I had begun earlier.
After a few too many we decided that wasn't enough and joined Janin (Jana and Justin) up at Letna, Mark was there to which is always a pleasure. We continued beering and chatting for a further two hours until it became abundantly clear to everyone at the table that Ruth and I had been drinking for six hours and hadn't really eaten anything.
We moseyed on down to Katka's who at this point had managed to rustle up something to eat.
After a few more beers at Katka's it was time to go get drunk...
BAR CRAWL!
I would like to write about the next few hours, but the majority of it is a blur. I remember playing foosball and losing a lot, but then I won and retired on top. I remember... dancing? at one point... and that's about it.

Twas a good day/night
Cau for now

2 comments:

  1. Soooo, the lesson for today was don't drink milk that's a day over it's best by date...and get drunk :D

    Miss you!

    Kat
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you need to expand on the chastity bit. And I don't know how the f*ck two drunk people convinced me to abstain from sex the DAY I get a Brazilian. Very. Very. Wrong. lol

    ReplyDelete