Monday 26 April 2010

Thoughts for the day

Skateboards!
Skatboards seem to be the cool thing for teenagers between 12 and 16 right now in Prague. Has anyone else noticed the number of people you see with a skateboard around this age? And it's not as if you even see them riding said boards, they're holding them.

In the past week I've probably seen 20-30 people with skateboards, a total of 3 have been riding them and those people were over the age of 25 easily. This says to me that the skateboard is less of a hobby for the majority of these teenagers and more-so a fashion accessory.
I rode skateboards when I was younger, as did a lot of my friends and when I was out with it, I hated being off it. Granted being in Prague with cobblestones everywhere doesn't make you really wanna ride that much but the people you see with them, don't look to be the kind of people that would regularly work up a sweat skating (fat). Also their boards look in pretty decent condition, like they've hardly been ridden. I personally used to go through skateboards every couple of months, they cost a fortune I know but through the amount I used them (and the amount I failed to land any trick I attempted) they'd usually end up pretty battered pretty quickly.

You know what else is interesting? Paloma in Spanish means pidgeon. You know that actress/singer Paloma Faith? Her name means pidgeon religion. I wonder what she fills out on her census form?

That will be all...

No comments:

Post a Comment