Monday 5 April 2010

The Next Step

So making decisions and taking steps are hard we know this. You've got the four major decisions as an adult that take place at the end of school/university, jobs, and at the start of marriage or kids.
However life is full of those little ones that annoy you along the way. The average life of a 21 year old is rather complicated - at that point in life where you are between studying and a job, or travelling and settling down. There are plenty of opportunities to do whatever whenever, especially in todays economic climate the right decision is important to make. Taking a year out to (according to the tax man) work for free doesn't make the student loans company happy, or Natwest for that matter, yet shouldn't I be focusing on the fun things in life now rather than when I have people relying on me to provide for them?
It is my confession that this totally scares the crap out of me, in several months time this decision will have to be made again, just as it had to be made last year. That decision involved me making a major change in my life, personally I think then it was the right decision and while people may have got hurt in the process, myself included it is not a regrettable decision. By the end of this summer however, this may not be the confession of a tour guide, perhaps it will be the confession of a teacher, a student (again), a husband, a father (Ok maybe not that soon but you know what I mean). Decisions have to be made to factor in everything in life that has to be addressed.
Then of course is that 5th major decision that no one really enjoys admitting.
That L word.
In the past, people I am close to have made the wrong decisions about following that special someone, to the other side of the world, a different university, a new city and some of them have been mistakes, some of them however have not.
This provides an interesting conversation as to exactly what one would do when put in that situation, I guess I'll find out at some point but for now procrastination is the key. Decisions will be made, later.

Cau for now
It's that

No comments:

Post a Comment