Wednesday 28 April 2010

You can take the boy out of Wales...

University was supposed to do it, but it didn't. So I had to leave the country for it to become clear. Whatever it is I'm going to get out of life, whatever I intend on doing, it's gonna be at home.
Now I'm not admitting defeat just yet, this isn't me signing out of Prague and tourism, quite the contrary, it has just become clear that right here, right now, I think where I want to be is in Britain in some way shape or form.

My time in Prague has been the time of my life, I love it, I want to come back, I want a holiday home here, I want to take it behind the bikesheds and get it pregnant but as for me permanently living abroad for an extended period of time, I think I'll leave that up to my brother.
I'm not done just yet, I do have the rest of the summer, but with me going home just around the corner (a little over a week), I'll be doing some soul searching and maybe... book a holiday.
My time at home is something I'm really looking forward to especially with the prospect of seeing some university friends. I'll be in Wales for a few days also with some real food cooked by real people, not Philippines pretending to be chinese, I want a proper chinese cooked by Polish people.

But really that was the point of this adventure really wasn't it? To find a little bit of myself, well guess where I was hiding - Prague apparently.
I've found it, I've got it, it's here in my pocket and I'm going to make the most of it, whether its now or in September, at least now I know what it is.

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment